Due Dec. 3
(Note: Everyone has a copy of the book now, so I will be assigning at-home reading, and sending home Homework Bookmarks, just like last session)
Read Chapters 6 & 7 of The World According to Humphrey and answer these questions:
- Why was Humphrey worried about Sayeh?
- What did the class receive from Ms. Mac?
- Where is Ms. Mac teaching now?
- What finally made Sayeh raise her hand?
- What is Sayeh’s secret?
- How did Humphrey help Sayeh’s family?
- Why did Sayeh raise her hand again?
On p. 48, Humphrey was pondering Garth’s behavior.
What does “pondering” mean?
We listened to Chapters 3 – 5 of The World According to Humphrey in class.
Draw something that you remember from these chapters.
It could be a scene or a character – whatever you’d like!
Write a sentence about your drawing.
(If you misplaced your worksheet, you can do your drawing on a blank sheet of paper.)