Time Travelers Literature Homework (due 10/11)
Read Chapter 6 of Space Taxi: Water Planet Rescue
Answer these questions on the Homework Bookmark, or on a separate sheet of paper:
- What dangerous thing happens to the taxi when they dive underwater, and how does Pockets help?
- What gadgets does Pockets have to help with the investigation?
- What does Archie see on the ocean floor that he wants to bring home for Penny?
- What clue does Archie find, why is it hard to pick up, and what is written on the edge of it?
- What surprising thing happens at the end of the chapter?
Space Taxi Book Projects Ideas (This is an optional activity)
If you would like to do a Book Project about Space Taxi: Water Planet Rescue at home, here are some ideas.
Bring your project to class on Week 8 (Oct. 25) to share with the class!
- Create a model of what the Space Taxi would look like with its underwater modifications.
- Make Akbar’s Floating Rest Stop, or a rest stop of your own design.
- Put together a gadget - make up a commercial to try to sell it to the class.
- Imagine you live on Nautilus. Write a journal entry about a typical day in your life.
- Draw a picture of an alien. Tell a story about him or her.
- Create a diorama of a scene from the book.
- Make a menu of foods that start with the first letter of your name.
- Research magnets. Make a poster of interesting facts.
Or, come up with your own cool project!