During Session 3, the Seahorses and the Dragons will be reading Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper.
Because this is a slightly longer book, it would be great if everyone could have Chapters 1, 2, 3 & 4 read by the first day of Session 3 (Jan. 31).
Then answer these questions and bring them to class:
– How does Melody feel about words?
– How does she describe them?
– What kind of music do Melody, her mom and her dad like?
– What are some things that Melody can do?
– What are some things that she can’t do?
– What happens when Melody has a “tornado explosion”?
– Describe Melody’s relationship with her dad.
– How do you feel about the doctor that Melody saw when she was five?
– Describe Melody’s mom.