Dragons Literature Homework – due 10/11
Read Chapters 16, 17, 18, 19 & 20 of 11 Birthdays
Answer these questions on the Homework Bookmark, or on a separate sheet of paper.
When Leo and Amanda realize that they are still growing everyday, why are they worried?
What does Bucky Whitehead remember about the Ellerbys and Fitzpatricks?
Who works at the Willow Falls Historical Society, and what did she say was the rumor about the Ellerby/Fitzpatrick feud?
What does Amanda realize when she sees who the bus driver is in the morning?
What do Leo and Amanda discover in Leonard Fitzpatrick’s journal?
What do they decide to do about their own enchantment?
Bonus: Look up the definitions of these Vocabulary Words – consequence, feud, rumor
11 Birthdays Book Project Ideas (this is an optional activity)
If you would like to do a Book Project about 11 Birthdays at home, here are some ideas.
Bring it to class on Week 8 (Oct. 25) to share with the class!
1. Look up information about Author Wendy Mass. Create a poster, report or booklet.
2. Construct a diorama of an interesting scene from the book.
3. Read another book by Wendy Mass. Create a commercial or print ad to advertise the book. See if your advertisement inspires a classmate to read the book (a good ad doesn’t give away the ending!)
4. Pretend you are another character in the book. Rewrite a part of the story from that character’s perspective.
5. Print or draw a Periodic Table. Learn what the letters represent. Bring it to class and describe what it is.
6. Leo likes to write poetry, even if he is not very good at it. Write a poem about a friend, pet, or anything you care about. Bring it to class to read aloud.
7. Make a chart of the many jobs of Angelina.
8. Paint a flower pot like Leo and Amanda did on their 5th Birthday.
Or…come up with your own idea!